Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Good Stuff This Season

This season's all about vintage clothes, retro ankle boots, big rings and bags, skinny jeans (still? really?), floral prints, bright nail polishes, etc. So, I'm going to show you some items you might be interested in adding to your wardrobe this fall.










Vintage bags are very popular this season, including this bag that was my mom's and is now, sadly, falling apart. It has a sort of Pretty in Pink quality to it, which I love. The other two bags shown below were my Grandma's which she gave to me. The gold change purse is really cute because it always reminds me of that sort of 1940's glamourous era. And the other clutch is really stylish because of the intricate gold design. These style bags are very popular now because vintage is in.                            





This dress below is from Israel and is really gorgeous because it sort of has a 1960's mod/Indian/Middle Eastern quality to it which is so odd and rare nowadays. It's bright purple with a gold (probably made by hand) embroidered collar. I wear it with a belt but it would still look cool without one to go with the mod 60's A-line dress type thing. 



These two dress and this sweater are examples of what I like to call The Drapey Style. These usually consist of a drapey sweater that goes down to your knees with a drapey dress under it maybe with a belt over the whole thing to tie it all together (literally! What's with me and the puns?!). I happen to like this style sometimes when it's not over done with, for example, 4 draped pieces of clothing just hanging off of you with nothing to "tie it all together." You end up looking like the closet monster. So, I suggest that when going for the Drapey Style, you be careful not to into the monster, because when it's done well, it can look really nice. 




Another trend that I absolutely love is the cuff bracelets. They make everyone's outfits so much cooler.


I also love big jewelry like these big earrings and costume jewelry rings. They're very in style right now, and fall under the same category as the vintage bags.















              Another big trend is the bright crazy nail polish colors. Goodbye sheer colors or pale pinks. Bright chartreuse, navy, turquoise, purple, yellow, and other crazy colors are very in right now. Also, matte polishes are very popular too, but I really don't happen to like those. I already gave up my sheer colors! What more can I give up? Not the shiney-ness of the nails!!! Not the shiney-ness!!! No, but seriously, I do really like the bright colors, in fact I happen to have a good assortment of them at home. 




  I really love these military styled jackets, coats, and shirts this season. The shirt to the left is one of mine and there are some examples below of military jackets. They have a kind of Srg. Pepper quirky aspect to them.                                                                                                    





Now, this new thing that I just love so much are these cute shoes, and leather boots that are sort of vintage looking, especially when pared with tights and, don't think I'm crazy here, patterned or floral socks. I think this is the cutest thing ever, and it sounds weird but they actually work together! Like how in the first scene of Pretty in Pink (wow, I've seen this movie way to many times) Molly Ringwald is getting ready for school and she puts on those ankle high leather boots, with flowery pink socks and white tights. It's just great. This is the type of thing that I mean:


Just picture the tights and socks!

I hope these season-style-tips help you at all, and if you haven't seen Pretty in Pink see it!  
                               










No comments:

Post a Comment